1. Search for affordable housing while having to live in “substandard or dangerous housing… or go homeless
2. Try to make $133 worth of food last a whole month
3. Subsist on Poor Quality Food
Not because they want to, but because they can’t afford high-quality, nutritious food. They’re trapped in a food system that subsidizes processed foods, making them artificially cheaper than natural food sources. So the poor are forced to eat bad food — if they’re lucky, that is…
4. Skip a Meal
One in six Americans are food insecure. Which means (among other things) that they’re sometimes forced to go without eating.
5. Work longer and harder than most of us
While it’s popular to think people are poor because they’re lazy the poor actually work longer and harder than the rest of us.
10 . Fall further behind.
15. Live shorter lives.
20. Accomplish one single goal: stay alive.